"Living healthier lives during cancer treatment with optimal nutritional care" - ESPEN-ONCA-MNI Joint Session 2020
On 21 September 2020 the event "Living healthier lives during cancer treatment with optimal nutritional care" gathered speakers from the European Cancer Patient Coalition (ECPC), the European Federation of Associations of Dietitians (EFAD), the European Society for Clinical Nutrition and Metabolism (ESPEN), and the European Nutrition for Health Alliance (ENHA).
Cancer patients’ representatives, dietitians, cancer care givers and industry emphasised the importance of nutritional care during cancer treatment and called on the European Commission and EU Member States to make optimal nutritional care a pillar of the forthcoming European strategy to defeat cancer, as recommended by the Joint Statement ‘Making cancer-related complications and comorbidities an EU health priority.
Programme, Presentations & Videos:
- ESPEN Short Oncology Guideline - Maurizio Muscaritoli, ESPEN leader of oncology practical guideline
- Unmet nutritional needs and concerns of individuals living with cancer - Jacqueline Daly, European Cancer Patient Coalition (ECPC) Board member & Secretary
- Oncology guidelines, from science to practice from a dietetic perspective - Marian de van der Schueren, Dietitian, ESPEN member
- Join EU4Nutrition LIVE on October 1st - Frank de Man, ENHA/ONCA Executive Director
- Fernando Mateus, MNI President
- Professor Carmen Gomez-Candela, 2020 MNI Grant winning project
About the event and the organisers:
This event is organised as part of the programme of the ESPEN Virtual Congress 2020. Every year, during the ESPEN Congress, the annual ESPEN-ONCA-MNI Joint Session gathers experts to discuss ways to deliver better nutritional care to patients.
ESPEN - the European Society for Clinical Nutrition and Metabolism - aims at the dissemination of knowledge and its application in the field of Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition or, more broadly, Clinical Nutrition and Metabolism. It promotes experimental and clinical research, fosters high ethical standards of practice and investigation, and promotes contact between investigators and clinicians in related fields.
ONCA - the Optimal Nutritional Care for All (ONCA) campaign - is a multi-stakeholder initiative, launched in 2014, to facilitate greater screening for risk of disease-related malnutrition / undernutrition and nutritional care implementation across Europe.
MNI - the Medical Nutrition International Industry - is the voice of the medical nutrition industry at international level. MNI is dedicated to advancing better care through better nutrition, across all ages and healthcare settings.